Saturday, July 16, 2011

Would this be a waste of time (boxing question)?

I've been wanting to learn boxing for a long time and recently signed up for classes at a local boxing gym. I went to the gym twice and learned the basics like the types of punches, punching form, stance, and basic footwork stuff. However, a sudden and unexpected financial emergency made me cancel my membership at the gym because it was too expensive for me to be able to keep up. I happened to be telling this to my father yesterday and he offered to give me a heavy bag, a speed bag, a set of gloves, and some wraps he never used that he had laying in his basement. I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me for me to use that equipment to keep practicing the techniques I learned in my short time at the boxing gym or if it would be a waste of time because I can't afford a real trainer or coach. My father doesn't actually have any boxing experience, he just bought the gear as workout equipment but stopped using them. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment